FOLLOW
FACEBOOK
BLOGLOVIN
INSTAGRAM
GOOGLE+
LOOKBOOK
PINTEREST

Be Healthy, Be Fit!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Many of you requested my diet and workout routine, so I`m going to share all my "secrets" in this post. I hope it will motivate you to become the best version of yourself, and most importantly to be healthy! In order to make it easier to read, I will split the text in 3 parts: Workout routine, Food/Diet, and Recipes.

WORKOUT ROUTINE 


When I was younger, I was naturally very fit and slim, but after 20s everything changed. My metabolism slowed down so much, that at one point I was scared to even step on the scale. I assume I had around 65kg( which was a lot for my body), and at that point, I knew I had to make some changes in my life. Unfortunately I didn`t know how, so I was going from one program to another, without getting any obvious results. Now I realize it was all because of bad dieting, and inconsistency to one program.
At the end of the 2013, I finally found a program that works perfectly for me. Since I`m not a fan of gyms, and going back home sweaty or with a wet hair, I decided to try out some online workouts. That`s how I found out about Jillian Michaels.
Depending of how overweight/unfit you are, you can chose 2 versions: fast one, and slow one.

SLOWER version

If you are really overweight, and want to lose over 10kg, I would advice you to start with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. There are 3 levels, and by the program you should do each 10 days. That`s where I would put a big STOP. When you are so much overweight, everything is much harder, and you need more time to lose weight and build up some muscles. My advice for you is- do 15 to 20 days level 1, and start level 2 when you feel much stronger. Also when you workout, make sure you wear good sneakers and warm up your ankles and neck before you start. If you don`t have small weights from the video, you can improvise by putting wet sand into two small bottles. Good luck!
PS. IF you don`t eat properly, you probably won`t see any results.

FASTER version

If you need to lose less then 10kg, I would advice you to start with "Jillian Michaels 30 day shred" first few days, and then do "Jillian Michales: 6 week six-pack abs workout". Why start with 30 day shred? Well, to get some stamina, build some muscles, and get used to the workout. Six week six-pack abs workout is much tougher, but trust me if you do it properly, you will see results within a week! Good luck!
PS. IF you don`t eat properly, you probably won`t see any results.
EXTRAS. If you want some extra activity next to these workouts, I would advice these:
- Walk walk and walk! Instead of going with a bus or a car, simply go for a walk(try to make bigger steps for a better results). The longer the better!
- Clean the house, and you will burn many calories!
- Organise your closet. It takes awhile, but result is a neat closet, and less calories.
- Once per week go in nature & ride a bike, play volleyball, basketball, football, etc.
- Paint your room and decorate it the way you want it.
- Go shopping!
- Swim(summer), skate (winter) as much as you can. + it`s fun!
- Do jogging with your friends
- Play with your pet every day. I`m sure he/she would love it! :)
- Dance when you go out, or learn some choreography online from your favourite artist.
- Take a sauna
-etc.

FOOD/DIET


When it comes to food, I follow the 90/10 rule. 90% is what you eat, and 10% is your workout. If you don`t eat properly, there`s no workout in this world that will make you look perfectly slim and fit(unless you have really fast metabolism-then lucky you!). In the middle & high-school I used to eat whatever I wanted without getting fat, but after 20s my metabolism slowed down and I started to gain weight rapidly. So how did I go back to the weight I wanted? Not by dieting, that`s for sure! I really never heard of any successful diet, and by successful I mean that you keep the weight you lost, and not gain double! All you need to do is cut down the "bad" food, eat smaller portions, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. First you need to understand what are you doing wrong, and what are so called "bad food". This video might help you a bit.
Average adult needs to consume around 2000 calories per day, but I limit myself with 1000 or max 1500 per day. That doesn`t mean I don`t eat anything, when you count how much vegetables and fruits you can eat for that amount, you will see that`s more then enough. I always have 3 meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner, with some snacks in between (usually some fruits or nuts), and I never eat after 20h.
Last year I lost 3 kg till summer, just by eating healthy(no workout). I used to cook almost every day, and most of my meals were consisted of vegetables and meat, with almost no fat. I replaced bread and pastries for rice and noodles, and I drank only water instead of juices. But my main "secret" of maintaining this life-style is allowing myself to eat whatever I want one time in 4 days. If I wouldn`t do that, I just know I would break at one point, and ruin everything I achieved so far. If you are one of those who can`t live without sweets, take 2-3 pieces of chocolate per day, but don`t eat more cuz remember you have that one "free" meal in 4 days. That way you will be able to achieve your wanted weight in no time!
Now here are some DO`s and DON`Ts:

- If you can`t live without pastries, buy those with least calories( for example-click HERE)
- If you can`t live without bread, buy only toast bread (4 are only 200 calories)
- Stop using butter, and start using oil (least as possible)
- Cheese is calorically dense as butter, so watch out how much you eat it, or simply buy reduced calory cheese.
- If you love eating mayonnaise, you should check out the back of package to see how much calories it has. You will be shocked! Ketchup and mustard are great alternative.
- Sugar is everywhere! Drink water, self made juices(without sugar), and drink tea with sweetener instead.
-Stop eating sweets or eat 2-3 pieces of chocolate per day, but NO MORE!
-Stay away from peanut butter, it`s a figure killer.
- Stay away from unhealthy sneaks. Instead eat up to 70grams of different kind of nuts. It`s so healthy for your skin and hair!
- Eat self made soups everyday, it will reduce your appetite + it`s healthy.
- Don`t starve yourself, or you will break at one point and eat everything in your sight! Remember you have one "free" meal in 4 days.
- Eat as soon as you feel hunger, don`t wait or you will eat much bigger portion then you normally would.
- Eat slowly, and you will eat less.
- Put always less food in your plate, and then add more if wanted. If you are a plate cleaner and put to much food, you will always eat more then you should.
- Don`t eat in front of tv. Scientist proved that people eat more while concentrating at other things then eating.
- Drink 2 l of water per day. Buy a bottle of water and carry it with you wherever you go, until you drink all. The more you drink, the better for your body and skin.
-Stop drinking alcohol, it`s bad for your skin and body. On the other side, some are healthy, such as wine. If you love drinking wine, put 2 fingers of wine in glass and add water. That way you will be able to enjoy it every day.
- Forget about fast food!

RECIPES 


I loove cooking/baking, it`s definitely one of my greatest passions! I always try out some new things, and when I come up with some unique delicious meal, I write it down on a paper in a form of a recipe. I even thought of making a special section for food posts, so please let me know it if you are interested. I`ll give you only few recipes this time (unfortunately without photos), but freely ask for more!
1. White beef soup
You will need:
- Big piece of beef meat with a bone(rozbratna)
-3 carrots
-2 parsnips (paskanat)
-3 potatoes
-1 onion
-sour cream (pavlaka)
Put everything except sour cream in 2l of boiled water, and cook it for 1h. After 1h, take out all the vegetables and meat, crush it with a fork, and put it back in soup(trow away bone and fat from the meat). Add spices and sour cream (put some hot soup in it, to melt so you wouldn`t have crumbles) and squeez half of lemon if wanted.

2. Pork meal
-4,5 pieces of fat schnitzels
-2 carrots
-2 peppers/paprikas
-2 potatoes
-2 tomatoes
-3 cloves of garlic
-cayenne pepper
-basil
Put some oil in the fireproof bowl and add spiced schnitzels (salt,pepper and basil). Add small pieces of carrots, peppers, potatoes tomatoes, and garlic. Mix it with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Add some water to cover the mix, close the fireproof bowl and put it in oven on 1 hour at 170 degrees.

3. Chinese chicken with peanuts
-500g of chicken fillet
-100g of mushrooms
-2 carrots
-1 cucumber
- 70g of peanuts
- soya sauce
Take your wok and fry (in order) peanuts, small chicken pieces, big slices of mushrooms. Then when its 80% cooked, add diamond shaped carrots(cut them from side), and finish the meal with cucumber cubes and soya sauce.

4. Chili with rice
-500g of chicken fillet
-1 onion
-2 carrots
-2 paprikas/peppers
-1 chilli pepper
-1 clove of garlic
- spicy chili sauce

Take your wok and fry(in order) chopped onions and garlic, 2 carrots(cubes), small chicken pieces, 2 papricas (cubes), chilli pepper, and when it`s done put spices, and spicy chili sauce. Add rise next to the meal.

5. Vegetarian spring mix
-3 zucchinies (tikvice)
-3 carrots
-2 paprikas/peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
-tomato sauce (tomato juice)
-cayenne pepper

Take a big pot and put chopped carrots, peppers and garlic in little bit of oil. After 5 minutes, put tomatoes(cubes), zucchinies and potatoes (cubes) and mix it with cayenne pepper and spices for another 5 minutes. Pour tomato sauce/tomato juice in the mix and let it cook for 3 mins. Add some water and let it cook 20 mins, until potatoes are done.

6. Macaroons with cheese (my almost every day dinner)
- macaroons for one plate
- 50g of goat cheez or other white cheese (sjenicki sir)
- sweet ketchup

Cook macaroons, and mix it with cheese and ketchup.

__________________________________________________________________________________

PS. I hope this will inspire some of you to change your lifestyle, and be much happier with yourself. Wish you good luck! xx

Follow me on Bloglovin, Chicisimo and Facebook
Thanx for reading <3 Luv Lara



16 comments :

  1. Odlican post. Bas dosta korisnih stvari sam procitala. I sama obozavam da vezbam i definitivno cu isprobati i tvoje recepte! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post, love the ideas! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post... the majority of losing weight and getting healthy is the food... what you say is very true... I don't always find it easy to eat super healthy all the time, I at least try to eat healthy treats. Dieting is not good... changing our way of living is the only way to succeed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are one of those who eat when you are really really hungry or eat too often, I would advice you to make "white beef soup" from my recipes. It literally kills the hunger, and it makes you think before you eat. Try to cook as much as you can, and stop using butter in food. As for bread, replace it with rice, and you will lose weight in no time. Also count the calories you eat in one day, to see what are you doing wrong. I wish you all the best! Good luck! <3

      Delete
  4. extra ti je post klaro stvarno:):*************

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Nema na cemu. :* Htela sam da pisem i na srpskom ali je bilo preopsirno pa sam se zadrzala na engleskom. Ako nesto ne razumes (ili bilo ko drugi), slobodno pitajte i prevescu vam na srpski! pozz

      Delete
  6. Isti sam problem imala, negdje do 23.godine sam mogla da jedem sta pozelim, a onda su kilogrami poceli da se povecavaju... par godina sam se bas mucila sa raznim dijetama i na kraju shvatila da moram kompletno da promjenim nacin ishrane, bas kao sto si rekla. S tim da ja jos uvijek uspjevam nekako da zadrzim kilazu bez vjezbanja, jer sam lijena za to :) Ali bas cu pogledati ovaj video, zainteresovala si me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vrh, isto sam kombinovala i sama kada sam odlucila da smrsam
    smela sam da jedem samo subotom i posle sam i subotu ukinula kada sam videla da mogu da izdrzim :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meni vise ne treba taj 4. dan gde jedem sta god hocu. Evo danas sam pojela moju omiljenu palacinku, i vidim da mi nikako ne prija. Valjda mi se organizam navikao na zdravu hranu. :)

      Delete
  8. Genial el post, muy motivador!! :)
    Besos
    http://unachicasual.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! You are so fit!!! Beautiful Pics
    Come and see my current Giveaway on my Blog!!!

    FOLLOW ME
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de
    https://www.facebook.com/Rimanerenellamemoria
    http://instagram.com/rimanerenellamemoria


    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! You've gave us lots of different and wonderful ideas, and have motivated me to do some workout and cooking!!

    http://www.mursway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this lovely and motivate post! as a big fan of gyms I love this, and the recipes sound already tasty.
    Kisses

    Fashion Avenue by Adriana
    http://fashionavenueabc.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete